[Background]
My goal is to have forward and reverse proxies from a series of web servers to
a series of app servers, so that each web is mapped to a single app server, all
using the same config file
web01->app01
web01->app02
etc.

My initial idea was to use proxy-via-rewrite, but that won't cover the reverse
proxy.  This leads to 2 questions:

1.  If i have the app server name set in a Env variable, can i use that in the
proxy definitions?
2.  Is there a better/simplier way to do this that I am missing?

thanks
(Apache HTTPD 2.2 on linux)
Aaron Macks
Sr. Unix Systems Engineer

Harvard Business Publishing
300 North Beacon St.    |   Watertown, MA 02472
(617) 783-7461                |   Fax: (617) 783-7467
www.harvardbusiness.org |   Cell:(978) 317-3614