i am trying to ask this again:
i supply an apache 2.2 module to my customers. naturally, i need to build
my module for each OS, cpu architecture & bit scheme. So, if my customer
has Apache 2.2 on solaris sparc 32 bit - that's what i need to build.

however, from what i just discovered, there's another factor - LFS support.
My module needs to be compiled with the LFS enabled or disabled - according
to the specific apache of the specific customer. The problem is that i
can't know what LFS support the apache was compiled with.

This really shouts "bug" to me, but i would really like to know - who's bug
and how to fix it. for example, if the packages of apache 2.2.0 with APR
1.2.2 on sunfreeware.com have a bug that was later fixed - then i can tell
my customer to upgrade to a later version.

???