Greetings Gurus!  :)

If my Apache 2.4 server is running mod_ssl and only responding with either
cached content generated by back-end servers OR proxying requests on to the
server farm that actually speaks PHP and SSI, is there any point in having the
SSLOptions +StdEnvVars directive turned on for SSL traffic?  My understanding
of the SSL Environment Variables is that they're computationally expensive to
generate AND that they're only locally significant (implying that none of this
expensively generated data will be of any use to the back end server which
ACTUALLY processes the CGI [in my case, SSI and PHP]).  Am I missing anything
here that I might need these environment variables generated for to either
respond with cached data or pass the request on to the back end server?  I see
the default request log includes SSL_PROTOCOL and SSL_CIPHER, but the Custom
Log Formats section of the mod_ssl documentation says "these formats even work
without setting the StdEnvVars option of the SSLOptions directive", so that was
the last area I thought I would need it for.  It's probably not a MONUMENTAL
hit generating these, but if I can avoid it, I'd like to.  Anyone have any
experience with this choice have any advice to offer?

Thanks,

Scott