Already tried with those? :

SSLProxyEngine On
SSLProxyCheckPeerName Off
SSLProxyCheckPeerExpire Off
SSLProxyCipherSuite All
SSLProxyProtocol all -SSLv3
SSLProxyCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+EXP
SSLProxyVerify none
ProxyPreserveHost On

This way your reverse proxy will not check worker certificates.
18 marzo 2020 02:33, "Gilbert Soucy" <gso...@36pix.com
(mailto:gso...@36pix.com?to=%22Gilbert%20Soucy%22%20<gso...@36pix.com>)> wrote:
Hello,
I am not an expert, so I apologize if my question is unclear.
I have a problem with setting up a load balancer that supports ssl with a valid
certificate.
It works ok when I refer to the balancer members by a valid DNS name.
However, if I just put the IP address of the balancer members, I get
ERROR: certificate common name '*.mydomain.com (http://mydomain.com)' doesn't
match requested host name '52.26.53.37'.
I am following the load balancer sample config found here:
https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_proxy_balancer.html
(https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_proxy_balancer.html)
that I adapted to ssl, here is my ssl.conf :
<VirtualHost *:443>
SSLEngine On
SSLCertificateFile /etc/pki/tls/certs/wildcard.mydomain.com.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/pki/tls/private/wildcard.mydomain.com.key
SSLCACertificateFile /etc/pki/tls/certs/wildcard.mydomain.com.chain.crt
ErrorLog /var/www/mydomain.com/logs/error.log
(http://mydomain.com/logs/error.log)
CustomLog /var/www/mydomain.com/logs/access.log
(http://mydomain.com/logs/access.log) combined
ProxyRequests off
<Proxy balancer://cluster>
# Using valid DNS names for the members works well
BalancerMember https://ws1.mydomain.com/ (https://ws1.mydomain.com/)
BalancerMember https://ws2.mydomain.com/ (https://ws2.mydomain.com/)
# Using the IP address of the members returns the certificate error given above

#BalancerMember http://52.73.75.46/ (http://52.73.75.46/)
#BalancerMember http://52.26.53.37/ (http://52.26.53.37/)
ProxySet lbmethod=byrequests
</Proxy>
<Location /balancer-manager>
SetHandler balancer-manager
</Location>
# ProxyPreserveHost On
ProxyPass /balancer-manager !
ProxyPass / balancer://cluster/
</VirtualHost>
  I would like to be able to use only the IP addresses so that I can add a
variable number of BalancerMember that I could start dynamically on a cloud
setup.
Using a DNS entry for each BalancerMember makes everything more complicated.
Is there a way to configure httpd so that only the load balancer servers needs
to have a valid certificate and a DNS name ?
All the balancerMembers behind the load balancer would exist only with their IP
address.
Thank you
Gilbert