Thanks for these thoughts, Oscar.

It would be a big plus if we could improve the Wicket viewer to the point
that you felt you could abandon your custom viewer; that way we are all (in
the community) pooling our collective development efforts.  It might also
make less urgent some of the other tickets you've raised recently regarding
establishing a formal API for such custom viewers (something I consider to
be a bigger piece of work than switching to using bootstrap).

Cheers
Dan