First of all, the meeting is a great idea !
Count, at least, with me... On those dates, perhaps one mate can join.

Regarding the UI, I'm also a big fan of bootstrap. As there's a clear
distinction between code and themes, and with such high adoption, in the future
we will be able to change the UI appearance  easily (for "selling" software
that's a really important point, competing with packages with similar
functionalities).

Regarding the tab "metaphor", we are using it together with modal forms (in
"excess", I would say... And as we don't have a "modern" theme right now seems
a bit updated; that was also a plus for the wicket migration to bootstrap :-).

We like the SPA metaphor, but a proper mechanism for navigating and bookmarking
an entity's form or action form is needed.

Seeing the Spiro screenshots, the navigation metaphor, including the " + ",
seems a good idea, but as it's opening the linked entity to the right (on
current screenshots) instead of directly opening the entity's page (or SPA
form), I'm not sure about user-adoption. It also requires the right part of the
screen (on those screenshots) to be empty, in order to show it.

Perhaps there's a slight variation that could adapt better to user expectations
and screen size. When first clicked, the entity could show on a modal form (not
loosing the main context). In that modal form the " + " button would be
available and, when clicked, it would changed the "context" by closing the
modal form and opening on the main screen that entity's form - or action form -.

Not sure... Perhaps some user-adoption tests needed :-)

Regards,

Oscar