Hello,

Us users of SMS Shortcodes are getting hit in the US for violating a patent by
TCS Inc.  The patent claims to cover:
"A gateway, comprising: a first communication path to accept a short message
from a mobile device; a translation module to insert said short message into an
Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) message; a second communication path to push
said HTTP message to at least one Universal Resource Locator (URL); and a
return communication path to receive a return message relating to said HTTP
message."

The patent goes on to mention a whole bunch of stuff, ie, using HTTP POST to
send the http message, etc.

I just got out of a meeting with my lawyer.  He says, the only way to get
around this is to NOT use HTTP.

Over the weekend, I tried to use the sms-service using EXEC instead of GET-URL,
which worked fine... and then the server crashed... i'm guessing too many
spawned processes?

My question to you all is:  how can we NOT use HTTP but have the same end
result?  ideally, it would use a command-line exec, but push it into a waiting
server, instead of spawning a new thread.  Does anybody have any ideas on how
to do this?

Thank you very much,

David