Carlos Martín Sánchez wrote on 09/05/11 16:58:
Hi Nikolay,
Hi Carlos,

The life-cycle diagram [1] is the best way to understand the VM states, and what actions are available for each of them.

If you shut down a VM, it will enter the final DONE state, from which no action can be performed.
A stopped VM on the other hand can be later resumed, using 'onevm resume'.

Internally, the difference is that shutting down the VM it has a chance to perform any operations (like unregister from a service). A stopped VM is suspended (paused).
The reason of my misunderstanding was mixing ONE VM states and VM states from hypervisor's point of view. Now it's clear. Thanks for explanation and your time!

Regards,
Nikolay.

[1] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel2.2:vm_guide#virtual_machine_life-cycle

Regards