Hi

I was wondering if it is supported to use a completely external registry
(Nexus) to pull and push images? Ideally I would like to have multiple clusters
pointing to the same external registry.

I have setup a test cluster "enterprise 3.10.14-1" and specified the following
settings in the ansible inventory

openshift_hosted_manage_registry=false
oreg_url=nexus.example.com:8500/openshift3/ose-${component}:${version}
openshift_examples_modify_imagestreams=true

This seems to work fine for installing the cluster. Next step I tried to create
a new app from nodejs which failed as the image streams tried to pull from an
internal registry which does not exist

NAME             DOCKER REPO
TAGS                         UPDATED

dotnet           docker-registry.default.svc:5000/openshift/dotnet
1.0,1.1,2.0 + 2 more...      17 hours ago

dotnet-runtime   docker-registry.default.svc:5000/openshift/dotnet-runtime
2.0,2.1,latest               17 hours ago

httpd            docker-registry.default.svc:5000/openshift/httpd
latest,2.4                   17 hours ago

The master-config.yaml points to the internal registry

imagePolicyConfig:

  internalRegistryHostname: docker-registry.default.svc:5000

I tried to change that to nexus.example.com:8500 but am getting an error when
trying to pull an image

# oc logs api-4-build
pulling image error : unknown blob
error: build error: unable to get
nexus.example.com:8500/openshift/nodejs@sha256:7b26a9d8ace47e939a9fcdca61620dbe47d1b936e68983e252cca50991704c7c

Manually pulling from that registry on the node works though

# crictl pull
nexus.example.com:8500/openshift/nodejs@sha256:7b26a9d8ace47e939a9fcdca61620dbe47d1b936e68983e252cca50991704c7c
W0808 08:53:09.780779   31667 util_unix.go:75] Using "/var/run/crio/crio.sock"
as endpoint is deprecated, please consider using full url format
"unix:///var/run/crio/crio.sock".
Image is update to date for
nexus.example.com:8500/openshift/nodejs@sha256:7b26a9d8ace47e939a9fcdca61620dbe47d1b936e68983e252cca50991704c7c

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best
Chris

Disclaimer

This e-mail message and any attachments (“message”) may contain confidential,
privileged or proprietary information and is intended solely for the use of the
named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you may not
disclose, copy, distribute or retain any part of this message. If you have
received this message in error, please inform the sender immediately by return
e-mail and delete this message from your system. The BIS is not liable for any
error in the content of this message and does not represent that it is
uncorrupted and/or free of viruses. Views expressed in this message are those
of the author and may not reflect those of the BIS.

By exchanging e-mails with the BIS it is understood that the BIS may collect,
store and further use e-mail addresses and other personal information which may
be provided therein. The BIS will treat such information as confidential.