Hello Aleksandra,

if you do NOT use k-points parallelization (i.e. -k 1) simulating with more k-points for a standard local functional will take longer, but won't require more resources.

Furthermore, open_grid.x is really only convenient on top of a hybrid functional calculation (pbe0, hse) calculation, which are much more expensive and where the cost of adding more k-points increases quadratically.

Finally, I think epsilon.x is in general a bit more expensive than pw.x, and less well parallelized. If you cannot run the latter with the full k-points grid, you probably won't be able to run the former either.

hth