On 12/28/2011 2:45 PM, Charles Marcus wrote:
> I attempted to set this by changing
>
> // SMTP port (default is 25; 465 for SSL)
> $rcmail_config['smtp_port'] = 587;
>
> // SMTP username (if required) if you use %u as the username Roundcube
> // will use the current username for login
> $rcmail_config['smtp_user'] = '%u';
>
> // SMTP password (if required) if you use %p as the password Roundcube
> // will use the current user's password for login
> $rcmail_config['smtp_pass'] = '%p';
>
> but I got 250 errors in roundcube (and nothing but a connect followed by
> a quick disconnect in the MTA log)... so I'm guessing it doesn't? That
> or I missed something...

Hi Charles.

Have you read this yet?  3-4 years old.
http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1484883

Alec's final patch doesn't state whether one needs to use
$rcmail_config['smtp_server'] = 'tls://smtp.host.com';

Some of that thread makes it seem it's negotiated automatically if the
server supports it.  Maybe give the manual setting a shot, and keep your
auth type empty:
$rcmail_config['smtp_auth_type'] = '';

--
Stan