I think it's the bad idea. You can have quite a few types of integration
tests.

/src/test
    /test-cactus
    /test-stresstests
    /test-db

and so on. It makes it difficult to maintain, difficult to select which type
of tests you want
to execute and difficult to integrate with plugins like idea, eclipse and so
on.

the layout:

mainproject
     /src
        /test
           java
             ....(unit tests)

mainproject-iu-catus
     /src
        /test
           java
mainproject-iu-stresstests
mainproject-iu-test-db

is scalable and it will work out of the box with existing test plugin and is
supported by idea/eclipse plugins.

Michal