Looks like this problem occurs under Maven 3 as well.

I also tried:

                    <compilerArguments>
                      <AauditXml>${basedir}/test-audit.xml</AauditXml>
                      <AoutpurDir>${basedir}/target</AoutpurDir >
                    </compilerArguments>

but that just gives me:

[ERROR] Compilation failure
Failure executing javac, but could not parse the error:
javac: invalid flag:
/home/amrk/IdeaProjects/securemx/smx3.git/integration/launchpad-tests/test-audit.xml
Usage: javac <options> <source files>
use -help for a list of possible options
-> [Help 1]
[ERROR]

--
Pull me down under...