With doxia-1.1 (site-plugin-2.1), you should be able to specify a class attribute on your xdoc table, which will override the default maven style. I'm not sure if/how this works with docbook though.

HTH,
-Lukas

Kathryn Huxtable wrote:
I'd like to choose between tables in the usual striped boxy format and tables
with white backgrounds and simple line borders.

I'm actually using the docbkx plugin to generate html from DocBook, which I
then run through JTidy to make XHTML-compatible. I generate this to the
target/generated-site/xhtml directory. Because I want the version number
substituted *and* to be able to edit the DocBook with XMLMind, I actually write
*.xhtml.vm files so that Velocity does variable substitution.

This is all working great, given the limits of Doxia, but is there a way to specify
different table styles? I'm guessing the answer is "no".

-K