Hi, we're using the jar-with-dependencies descriptor to assemble our
artifacts.

Now when we're switching from 3.0-beta-1 to 3.0 of Maven we are
experience a change of behavior of the assembly process. Before, the
resources of the assembled project would be assembled before any other
dependency of the project.

After the switch to 3.0 of Maven, other dependencies will be assembled
(unpacked) before the resources of the current project is added.

Should it not be that the resources of the current project should be
added first?

This make things like log4j configurations to be the one from other
projects/dependencies, as the assembly plugin will not add duplicate
entries...

example: project x and y, x depends on y

x -> src/main/resources/log4j.xml
y -> src/main/resources/log4j.xml

assembly jar-with-dependencies on project x will contain log4j.xml from
project y, this is not exactly what you would expect right?

Version/result matrix:

Maven version => maven-assembly-plugin version => result

3.0-beta-1 => 2.2-beta-5 => log4j from x
3.0 => 2.2-beta-5 => log4j from y
3.0-beta-1 => 2.2 => log4j from y
3.0 => 2.2 => log4j from y