Hi Paul

Check out the Ant task called PropertyFile. Its an optionnal task.
With this one, you can create new property files or modify existing ones.

So with a clever mix of jelly code, the pom object and this tag you should be able to do it.

Hope it helps.

Eric.

Paul Spencer wrote:

I would like to populate a properties file with information from the POM. What is the best way to accomplish this objective?

As an example I would like Maven to create a and populate ${maven.build.dest}version.properties. This file would contain:
application.name=MyApplication
application.version=1.0

Paul Spencer