Hi All

I'm working on a JDK 7 project and am trying to use maven to build the
project.   However, when I try to run the maven bat under Java 7 it
fails to download any dependencies - when I switch back to Java 6 it
downloads them just fine but of course can't compile my java 7 sources.

Looking through the forums the only advice I can get is to revert to
Java 6 - this isn't an option as I need to compile Java 7 sources.

Has anyone come across this problem or understand why it is happening -
presumably there is a change in the JDK and the way it handles socket
connections?

The underlying exception is a timeout exception which would lead me
think this was something to do with proxies or firewalls but I have
tried switching the firewall off and as it runs OK under JDK 6 so I
don't think that's it.

Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

        at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.connect0(Native Method)

        at
java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(DualStackPlainSocketImpl
.java:69)

        at
java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:
339)

        at
java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImp
l.java:200)

        at
java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:18
2)

        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:157)

        at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:391)

        at
org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.http.httpclient.conn.scheme.PlainSocket
Factory.connectSocket(PlainSocketFactory.java:123)

        at
org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.http.httpclient.impl.conn.DefaultClient
ConnectionOperator.openConnection(DefaultClientConnectionOperator.java:1
48)

        ... 16 more

I would appreciate any help you might be able to offer me.

Many thanks

Andy

Tullett Prebon - Best Data Provider (Broker) - Inside Market Data Awards 2012

The information contained in this email is confidential and may also contain
privileged information. Sender does not waive confidentiality or legal
privilege. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender
immediately; you should not retain this message or disclose its content to
anyone.
Internet communications are not secure or error free and the sender does not
accept any liability for the content of the email. Although emails are
routinely screened for viruses, the sender does not accept responsibility for
any damage caused. Replies to this email may be monitored.
For more information about the Tullett Prebon group of companies please visit
the following web site: www.tullettprebon.com