On Thursday, 24 January 2013, Joachim Durchholz wrote:

> Am 24.01.2013 05:39, schrieb Ron Wheeler:
>
>> You manually put the jars in your Maven repo through its manual upload
>> procedure with some version number (nice if it relates to the version
>> that the authors gave them) and reference them as dependencies.
>>

> That's 13 jars to be built from their sources, and 10 jars that they
> bundle as external dependencies.
> And since they're in pre-beta, I want to do that on a more-or-less daily
> basis.
> I don't think manual extraction is a good option for that.
>
>  Maven does not really deal with SVN as a jar source.
>>

> I have settled on this plan:
> a) Have one project per jar. (Place commonalities in a parent pom.)
> b) bind an svn export goal to the package phase
> c) configure it to extract the intended jar to target.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14462694/maven-2-how-to-change-a-dependencys-location/14476240#14476240
My answer to the above is inverse of what you are trying to do

What you want to do is create a series of shim projects for each of these
"external" libs, and then just have your CI server roll a release nightly

Don't try to make it all one project, that way madness lies

I'd have the version number of each shim project be the svn revision it is
faking a build of