Le 6 févr. 2013 18:26, "Joachim Durchholz" <j...@durchholz.org> a écrit :

> Am 06.02.2013 15:46, schrieb Ron Wheeler:
>
>> The Nexus MRM has a web browser interface that we use to manage MRM
>> activities.
>> Other than searching the MRM for new libraries to get their GAV info,
>> there is really not a lot of interaction between developers and the MRM
>> since Maven will get what is there and the MRM knows how to talk to the
>> other MRMs that it is proxying.
>

> I have two issues here:
> 1) The m2e repo is soaking up disk space (which isn't a real issue except
it's slowing down backups)
> 2) The m2e repo is defining coordinates that I want to get rid to, to
double-check that my poms don't refer to these invalid coordinates. This
actually bit me - a build worked because it happened to find an old
snapshot artifact that I had renamed, and my coworker didn't have that
coordinate because that invalid artifact never hit any disk except mine.

A good practice is to just wipe out the Maven local repo on a regular basis
(I do it something like once a week on my machine and it's configured to do
that in CI once a day)

This use case can happen, but one should never consider local repository as
something to manage (you should exclude it.from the backup btw). The *local
repo is a _cache_ really*.

>> You seem to want to do one thing that we would not do - capture interim
>> releases from third parties.
>

> I want to do that and do that, but it's unrelated to what I'm after in
this subthread.
> Except that MRM functionality in m2e would allow me to do away with yet
another locally installed repository, of course.

You keep talking about a "mrm functionality" in M2E which actually does
*not* exist. If you think I'm wrong, just ask M2e developers about that.
M2E is not a mrm at all.

-- Cheers