Sorry sent an email without completing it, here it goes again.

Seems this is not just a settings.xml way of working,
the same happens if you just define the property in
your pom.

Snippet

    <properties>
        <company.maven.repo>http://maven:8080/repo/</company.maven.repo>
    </properties>

    <repositories>
        <repository>
            <id>company.repo</id>
            <name>Archiva Managed Internal Repository</name>
            <url>${company.maven.repo}</url>
        </repository>
    </repositories>

    <parent>
        <groupId>company.pom</groupId>
        <artifactId>company-pom</artifactId>
        <version>1.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
    </parent>

So my guess is you cannot configure repositories URL using properties, at
least they
will fail for the reactor or single pom, any ideas will be greatly welcomed

thanks in advance
tonio