Hello,

Thanks Stephen for that writeup. It is a good read. For my taste it
over-emphasises the moving ground problem. I mean when cooperating with
larger projects and lots of developers you get all kinds of problems, but
beeing affected by breaking changes of updating snapshots - I cant remember
to ever experience that. In fact when SNAPSHOTs change in a severe way it
is most likely that I have waited for it, I manually refreshed the
dependencies and I am actually happy to see the changes as early as
possible (before integrating into a system which isnt working since days
and only my old snapshots hide this from me).

But having said that, I also do enjoy an environment with releasing often.
This allows each team to decide when to pull in which (released) changes,
and this indeed lowers the frequency of broken builds (however it also
encourages developers to wait too long with the integration, if you dont
nudge them with deoendency upgrade reports).

Gruss
Bernd