----- Original Message -----
From: "Emmanuel Venisse" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Maven Users List" <users@maven.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 11:25 PM
Subject: Re: [m2] how the assembly plugin works

> Hi,
>
> You need to define a descriptor in your pom in the plugin coonfiguration
par
> like this :
>
>   <build>
>     <plugins>
>       <plugin>
>         <artifactId>maven-assembly-plugin</artifactId>
>         <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
>         <configuration>
>           <descriptor>src/assemble/bin.xml</descriptor>
>           <finalName>Catatumbo-1.0-SNAPSHOT</finalName>
>         </configuration>
>       </plugin>
>     </plugins>
>   </build>
>
> And you must write a assemble descriptor file (bin.xml) in src/assemble/
> like this :

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/maven/components/trunk/maven-core/src/assemble/bin.xml?rev=163813&view=markup

The fileSets part define the list of files or directory to include in the
assembly with eventually their output directory

The dependencySets part define the output directory of each dependency.

Emmanuel

> Emmanuel

org.apache.maven.plugin.assembly.AssemblyMojo.execute(AssemblyMojo.java:88)
> >         at

org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManage
> r.java:432)
> >         at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeMojo(DefaultLifec
> ycleExecutor.java:448)
> >         at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycle
> Executor.java:144)
> >         at
> > org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.processProject(DefaultMaven.java:212)
> >         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:136)
> >         at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:233)
> >         at

> )
> >         at

> .java:25)
> >         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
> >         at
> > org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:303)
> >         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:243)
> >         at
> > org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:416)
> >         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:363)
> > Caused by: java.lang.Exception: You must specify descriptor or
> descriptorId
> >         at

org.apache.maven.plugin.assembly.AssemblyMojo.doExecute(AssemblyMojo.java:11
> 4)
> >         at

org.apache.maven.plugin.assembly.AssemblyMojo.execute(AssemblyMojo.java:83)