Hello guys
I would have a suggestion concerning this.
Right now, my uber-dist plugin allows that. In fact, its implemented the other way around. You specify using dependencies properties if this dependency must be deployed or not. If it is, you can override the deployment directory (so that it can be put in a sub-directory) and using another property, you can override its deployment name.

The use case...
When we have a project that is deployed on an existing framework, usually, your project will need the framework libraries to compile, but of course, you won't have to deploy those libraries since they are usually part of the framework uppon which your services will get installed. The frameword installation program takes care of putting all necessary files where they belong, and it will also (most of the time) indicate exactly where you must put your own libraries that extends its functionnalities.

There must be other situations but this one describes in the first place why I needed the new plugin.

Cheers!
Eric.