From: "Rémy Sanlaville" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Maven Users List" <users@maven.apache.org>
Subject: [M2] Struts and XDoclet
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 19:06:52 +0200

Hi,

I try to use XDoclet with Maven 2 in order to generate Struts (v1.2.9)
descriptors (struts-config.xml and validation.xml).
All seems to be OK, but in the struts-config.xml file the form Bean section
is empty !

 <!-- ========== Form Bean Definitions ===================================
-->
 <form-beans>

   <!--
        If you have non XDoclet forms, define them in a file called
struts-forms.xml and
        place it in your merge directory.
   -->
 </form-beans>

If I try in the same project with ANT, I have no trouble

<!-- ========== Form Bean Definitions ===================================
-->
 <form-beans>

   <form-bean
     name="BookSearchForm"
     type="test.struts.model.form.BookSearchForm"
   />

   <!--
        If you have non XDoclet forms, define them in a file called
struts-forms.xml and
        place it in your merge directory.
   -->
 </form-beans>

Do you have any idea ?

Rémy

My pom.xml :
--------------------

<?xml version=" 1.0"?><project>
 <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
 <groupId>test</groupId>
 <artifactId>library</artifactId>
 <name>Project for managing a library</name>
 <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
 <packaging>war</packaging>
 <dependencies>
   <dependency>
     <groupId>junit</groupId>
     <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
     <version>3.8.1</version>
     <scope>test</scope>
   </dependency>
   <dependency>
     <groupId>log4j</groupId>
     <artifactId>log4j</artifactId>
     <version>1.2.13</version>
     <optional>true</optional>
   </dependency>
   <dependency>
     <groupId>struts</groupId>
     <artifactId>struts</artifactId>
     <version>1.2.9</version>
   </dependency>
   <dependency>
     <artifactId>geronimo-j2ee_1.4_spec</artifactId>
     <version>1.0</version>
     <scope>provided</scope>
   </dependency>
 </dependencies>

 <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <groupId> org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>xdoclet-maven-plugin</artifactId>

        <dependencies>
            <dependency>
                 <groupId> javax.servlet</groupId>
                 <artifactId>servlet-api</artifactId>
                 <version>2.4</version>
                 <scope>provided</scope>
            </dependency>
        </dependencies>

        <executions>
          <execution>
            <phase>generate-sources</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>xdoclet</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>
              <tasks>
                <webdoclet destdir="${project.build.directory}/${
project.build.finalName}/WEB-INF"
                    excludedtags= "@version,@author"
                     verbose        = "true">
                  <fileset dir="${project.build.sourceDirectory}">
                       <include name="**/* Form.java" />
                       <include name="**/*Action.java" />
                  </fileset>
                   <strutsconfigxml
                       mergeDir    =
"${basedir}/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/merge"
                       validatexml    = "true"
                       version        = "1.2"/>
                   <strutsvalidationxml
                       validatexml    = "true"