Hello,

I noticed that when I run my tests, the classpath includes all my
provided-scope dependencies. The docs online don't say they should be there,
but I guess it makes sense, right? Provided scope means I need them to run,
but they'll be available after I deploy. Therefore maven needs to provide
them when I'm just running tests. So therefore I have a question:

The docs here have a chart about transitive dependencies:

http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html

According to this chart, if I rely on library A with a test scope, and A
relies on B with a provided scope, I won't get B at all. Is that right?
Don't I need B to run my tests? If my test classpath includes immediate
provided-scope dependencies, shouldn't it include mediate ones?

Thanks,
Paul