Hi,

I have the following problem.

We use a custom packaging called "warstub". We uses modules and if a
module depends on other modules, its war will contain ALL the
dependecies (jars, html, images, etc). A warstub would contain only the
current module web-stuff (jar, html, etc.), so it's a kind of war but
contains less stuff. We created our own plugin which creates "warstub".

It's a simple plugin, it contains only a plexus components.xml. Here is
a snipplet from the componets.xml:

    <component>
      <role>org.apache.maven.lifecycle.mapping.LifecycleMapping</role>
      <role-hint>warstub</role-hint>

<implementation>org.apache.maven.lifecycle.mapping.DefaultLifecycleMapping</implementation>
      <configuration>
        <lifecycles>
          <lifecycle>
            <id>default</id>
            <phases>

<process-resources>org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:resources</process-resources>

<compile>org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:compile</compile>

<process-test-resources>org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:testResources</process-test-resources>

<test-compile>org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:testCompile</test-compile>

<test>org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:test</test>

<package>org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-war-plugin:war</package>

<install>org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:install</install>

<deploy>org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:deploy</deploy>
            </phases>
          </lifecycle>
        </lifecycles>
      </configuration>
    </component>

This maps the lifecycle phases to the proper maven-plugins.

And here is the ArtifactHandler config part:

    <component>
      <role>org.apache.maven.artifact.handler.ArtifactHandler</role>
      <role-hint>warstub</role-hint>

<implementation>org.apache.maven.artifact.handler.DefaultArtifactHandler</implementation>
      <configuration>
        <type>warstub</type>
        <language>java</language>
        <includesDependencies>false</includesDependencies>
        <addedToClasspath>false</addedToClasspath>
        <extension>war</extension>
      </configuration>
    </component>

What is my problem? Because we use the maven-war-plugin for packaging,
it includes all the dependecy JARs... So if a module depends on 5 other
modules, the target warstub will contain the 5 JARs (of the modules) as
well... If I could use "warSourceExcludes" parameter, I could exclude
all the dependent JARs. My problem is how to configure the
maven-war-plugin in a plexus components.xml.

Could you help me, please?

thank you,
Zsolt

--