Found out why - i had property filtering on over the entire directory. Disable for the specific binary file and all works.

Is this something the resources plugin should check for? Is there any use case when binary files would be able to be filtered?

Cam

Cam wrote:
Hi,

I'm using the maven resources plugin to copy some binary files to the target directory however after copying the target file is not binary compatible with the original. I'm guessing this is because the resources plugin changes the character encoding, unfortunately i can't set the encoding to use because its in an old ibm format which isn't even ASCII.

I guess my question is why does the resources plugin even convert files when copying? Does anyone have any workarounds for copying files? What's also funny is that it works on osx but fails on linux...

any help is much appreciated,
cam