I figured out how to delete resources from my JARs using the antrun plugin
(the excludes with the jar plugin aren't working, I filed a JIRA issue for
that).  But now I don't know how to get the dependencies for my assembly.
Maven thinks all the resources I need are in my jars but they're not.

I've found discussions about this in the archives but I haven't found a good
solution.

How can I prepare an assembly and include the resources that I don't want in
my jars?  It seems like a common thing to do.

Thanks