I'd separate out those resources from classpath resources by putting them
into a different dir. Then use:
          <resource>
            <directory>src/main/data</directory>
            <targetPath>..</targetPath>
          </resource>

Or, if you bind resources plugin yourself like you did below, use:
                        <configuration>

<outputDirectory>${basedir}/target</outputDirectory>
                        </configuration>

Kalle