I didn't write the documentation of the EAR module so I can't be
certain, but I would assume this is a reference to the sarModule and
harModule sections in the Configuration/EAR Modules page:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-ear-plugin/modules.html#sarModule
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-ear-plugin/modules.html#harModule

Wayne