Folks;

I have a project in a multiproject build that wants to generate a bunch of
scripts.  We're using the assembly plugin to do this, and in the sub-project
build's pom.xml we have the following:
--
      <!-- Assemblies for distribution. -->
          <plugin>

<descriptor>src/main/assembly/assembly.xml</descriptor>
                  </descriptors>
              </configuration>
              <executions>
                  <execution>
                      <id>make-assembly</id>
                      <phase>package</phase>
                      <goals>
                          <goal>attached</goal>
                      </goals>
                  </execution>
              </executions>
          </plugin>
        </plugins>

---
Here's the assembly.xml file:
---
<assembly>
<baseDirectory>${artifactId}</baseDirectory>
<formats>
 <format>tar.gz</format>
</formats>
<fileSets>
 <fileSet>
   <directory>src/main/scripts</directory>
   <outputDirectory/>
   <fileMode>0555</fileMode>
   <filtered>true</filtered>
 </fileSet>
</fileSets>
<dependencySets>
 <dependencySet>
   <outputDirectory>lib</outputDirectory>
   <fileMode>0444</fileMode>
 </dependencySet>
</dependencySets>
</assembly>
--

As you can see we've turned filtering on as we tar up the scripts.  Herein
lies the rub.

If I 'mvn install' in the sub-project's directory, I get the desired .tar.gz
file created in 'target' and everything looks great.
---

cm65c-2a0:~/src/sandbox/cpatti-sequence-fixscripts/sequence/fobjectClient/target/unpacked-fobjectClient
cpatti$ more runJava
#!/bin/sh -f
exec java -cp lib/fobjectClient-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar "$@"

*But* when I allow the multiproject build to run the sub-project build as
part of its normal sequence of events, filtering fails to happen at all!
--
/fobjectClient cpatti$ more runJava
#!/bin/sh -f
exec java -cp lib/${project.build.finalName}.jar "$@"
cm65c-2a0:~/src/sandbox/cpatti-sequence-fixscripts/sequence/fobjectClient/target/fobjectClient
cpatti$

--

Needless to say, this isn't the desired behavior.  Is there some way to have
my cake and eat it too?

Thanks in advance for any clues!
-Chris
--
Christopher Patti - Release Engineer - E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Y! feoh AIM: chrisfeohpatti GTalk/Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]