Hi,

How are things going.

I finally managed to get onto a project that is working on reasonable technology.

Rosco still working with you?

Ciao

Frank

On 13/07/2008, at 9:07 PM, Stephen Coy wrote:

In JEE5, jars in an EAR's "lib" directory do not need to be in the EJB jar's manifest classpath.

In J2EE 1.3/1.4 these jars normally need to be in the EJB jar's manifest classpath, whether or not they are in a "lib" directory. If they are in a "lib" directory, then the manifest classpath entries must include "lib/" for each jar.

Now it's possible that WAS 5.1 had a non-portable extension that had the JEE5 behavior - I know that WebLogic certainly had a similar feature. But this behavior was not added to the standard until JEE5.

In any event, Glen does not mention EAR files at all, so I was just trying to establish what he was trying to do.

Thanks,

Steve C