Hi all.

I've been searching along both google and mailing list archives without answer and I'm thinking that there's no possibility to achieve what I want.

The question is: can I define some property for my pom.xml as a variable i.e. <version>${version}</version> and have it set up from an external properties file? (neither profile nor settings.xml) I already know that, by filtering resources there's a chance to perform this whithin resource files, but I don't know if I can do it in the pom.

Thanks in advance.
Carlos.