Hi!

The problem may be the
<outputDirectory>WebContent/WEB-INF/classes</outputDirectory>
in your pom.

Is your webapp stuff also in this WebContent folder? So you use it to generate
the classes into your 'source' folder?

Usually the classes go to target/classes and will be jared there. For what I
remember, they will afterwards NOT be removed from this place! So if you use
your source folder for holding this classes, they will most likely simply be
copied into your war.
Try to remove the <outputDirectory> setting and use war:inplace to generate a
debuggable environment.

You can call the single steps from the default lifecyclye manually and watch
this directory closely.

LieGrü,
strub