I have an unpack execution which opens up a zip file in my deployment
directory.

However, even when the target files are NOT in place, Maven usually says
that the zip is already unpacked as follows

[INFO] runtimelib-1.0.1.zip already unpacked.

If I change <overWrite>false</overWrite> to true, and re-run, then the zip
gets correctly unpacked, but I do want to be able to set overWrite to
false and let Maven detect whether the target files are there already.

The relevant parts of the pom are below.

(Using Maven Integration for Eclipse 0.9.7.)

Thanks,

MG

<plugin>
 <executions>
<execution>
<id>unpack</id>
 <phase>initialize</phase>
<goals>
<goal>unpack</goal>
 </goals>
</execution>
</executions>
 <configuration>
<artifactItems>
<artifactItem>
 <artifactId>runtimelib</artifactId>
<groupId>com.foo.libs</groupId>
 <version>1.0.1</version>
<type>zip</type>
 <overWrite>false</overWrite>
<includes>**/*</includes>
 </artifactItem>
</artifactItems>
<overWriteReleases>false</overWriteReleases>
 <overWriteSnapshots>true</overWriteSnapshots>
</configuration>