If this document object is large, saving it in the session, or back to
temporary database tables might be your best option.

We're doing a lot of similar things to this right now with our apps.
We create an object on the first page, and then make modifications
(usually adding relationships and other objects) to it as we move
along.  This, in turn, can make the amount we store in session really
large, but currently, we only have a very small concurrent user base,
so its ok.

--
-Heath Borders-Wing
[EMAIL PROTECTED]