Hi all,

I am trying to initialize a backing bean property using the param feature. Here is my faces config entry:

<managed-bean>
<managed-bean-name>LoginCtl</managed-bean-name>
<managed-bean-class>com.mowyourlawn.controller.LoginController</managed-bean-class>
<managed-bean-scope>session</managed-bean-scope>
<managed-property>
<property-name>user.name</property-name>
<property-class>java.lang.String</property-class>
<value>#{param.profile}</value>
</managed-property> <managed-property>
<property-name>user.password</property-name>
<property-class>java.lang.String</property-class>
<value>#{param.password}</value>
</managed-property> </managed-bean>

I am implementing an auto login feature where a site not under my control can pass in a user and password on the query string and then I will auto execute the page and validate the information passed to me. I was trying to find the rules for what you can specify in the property-name tag but have come up empty handed. It seems that it doesn't like anything that is a custom object (eg user.password where user is a User.java object and password is a String object)

Thoughts on how to make this work?

Thanks,
Aaron Bartell