I have a dataTable with many rows.  Using CSS, I've made a scrolling table.
I have a hidden field that contains the index of the currently selected
object, and when the page loads, it scrols down to that item if it isn't in
the visible part of the scrolling table.

I would like to have myfaces components take care of all my sorting, but the
problem is that when I sort, I can't seem to figure out where the selected
item is in the newly sorted list.  I've played around with rowIndex and
t:updateActionListener, to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas how I can get the value I need?

Thanks in advance,

Steve