hello mark,

@1)
don't forget the partialTriggers-attribute!
please have a second look at my previous mail -> you will find the
following:

actionListener="#{ bean.showCompanyTab}" partialSubmit="true"/>

partialTriggers="tabSwitcher">

-> it also works with the partialSubmit-attribute.

@2)
also this requirement works.
e.g. you can use the same bean within several pages.
(there is also a simple possibility, if you are using different beans...)

(+ don't forget the action-attribute of the link + a proper outcome and
navigation rule)
(in such a case you don't need the partialSubmit-attribute, because you
display a different page...)

regards,
gerhard