Hello,

I have received word that there is some trouble with my signature,
so I send the mail again, this time without it.

Best regards,
Simon Kulessa.

---
Hello,

I have written my own component to display messages inside a jsf page.
The component is based on the tr:messages Element.
My implementation of the renderer uses the following code to write the
message into the page.

//ResponseWriter writer
for(FacesMessage msg : messages) {

  writer.startElement("li", null);

  String summary = msg.getSummary();
  // add something to prevent xss attacks here
  writer.write(summary);

  writer.endElement("li");
}

The bad thing is that msg.getSummary() can contain JavaScript code -
which will be executed if the page is rendered. I need to add some
kind of prevention against this behaviour.

I assume that Trinidad offers some mechanisms to prevent
these kind of attacks. Can someone give me some hints?

Best regards,
Simon Kulessa.

--

Diplom Informatiker Simon Kulessa