Okay, I've installed ant 1.9.9 and recompiled and still the same thing going on with the build seemingly corrupting, for lack of a better word, the .form file so I'll file an issue I guess.

That would be done here?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NETBEANS/summary

I'll have to create an account I see. Okay.