On 01/18/2018 02:01 PM, Thomas Wolf wrote:
This won’t help your current issue, but if you want a good dark theme, try
Darcula - highly recommended (and not gratuitous in its use of color :-).  To
perfect everything, use Monaco for the font the editor uses :-)

I tried that too. Not a fan of that one either. Why do so many themes (everywhere, not only netbeans) minimize contrast)? One of the colors - either the foreground or the background - should almost always be pure white or pure black. These themes with light blue on dark blue, white on gray, etc. are terrible!

It is so bad that on Firefox I have to use a plugin called "Blacken" to read many websites. It does what I need: change the foreground to pure black or white to maximize readability.