Owen:

I am a currently unemployed software engineer myself. I have been in the
industry in various roles for well over 30 years but am not ready to retire.
However, I look at my current time of unemployment as an opportunity to pay
back to the NetBeans community some of what I have gained from it. Until the
recent emails about joining the NetCAT 9.0 effort I had not considered
volunteering for the work. However, after completing this email to you I will
sign up to put my time where my mouth is. I can afford the time now, once I am
employed again I will not be able to.

I don’t mean to be critical of you, just trying to offer a different viewpoint
on being unemployed at the moment.

Take care,

Frank Burough