Brett, the CVS plugin is provided by the "Certified Plugins" Update Center:
http://updates.netbeans.org/netbeans/updates/8.2/uc/final/certified/catalog.xml.gz
(See also in NetBeans under Tools -> Plugins -> Settings)

Certified plugins actually have a higher status than plugins in the Plugin
Portal, cf. http://wiki.netbeans.org/OraclePluginProcess.

Niklas