Gj,

Is there a web page somewhere that documents the process that a large company
like Oracle goes through to make a large donation like this?

It is probably more complicated than going to the Java group and saying “Pack
all your source code in a zip file and send it to Apache.  Tell them to write a
script to remove our name from every source file and add theirs if they want”.

On the other hand you make it sound like there were lawyers pouring over every
line of source to make sure there is no liability to releasing it.

On Jun 1, 2018, at 2:20 AM, Geertjan Wielenga
<geertjan.wiele...@googlemail.com<mailto:geertjan.wiele...@googlemail.com>>
wrote:

No offence, but please read the blog:

https://blogs.apache.org/netbeans/entry/announce-apache-netbeans-incubating-91<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__blogs.apache.org_netbeans_entry_announce-2Dapache-2Dnetbeans-2Dincubating-2D91&d=DwMFaQ&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=LEbKaWj9ZrFRBadYtwZVnHfoaHpGoEmzs1DrtRBDEg8&m=pAsthN5mTLTxTV76L-T7dfqvT3N-11So9VGVhnjwUTA&s=WiyZh0HCLRkT2eG4H8smfJBxc0eD4rwtGUirKJNNr6I&e=>

Whoever you think "Oracle" is, Oracle is me, and many others in Oracle who have
contributed to Apache NetBeans from the beginning:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/graphs/contributors<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_apache_incubator-2Dnetbeans_graphs_contributors&d=DwMFaQ&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=LEbKaWj9ZrFRBadYtwZVnHfoaHpGoEmzs1DrtRBDEg8&m=pAsthN5mTLTxTV76L-T7dfqvT3N-11So9VGVhnjwUTA&s=bq4cRLkETuc43EDiSVn3CTj7nnL5snbkEGH26qAom84&e=>

Above, I see many people from Oracle. I don't see you. I therefore prefer
people from Oracle. :-)

Thanks,

Gj

On Fri, Jun 1, 2018 at 11:12 AM, Karl