I am using the following to try and determine some more
execution context:

     ProcessBuilder builder = new ProcessBuilder();

     Map<String,String> map = builder.environment();

     String context = map.get("PROMPT");

     if(context instanceof String)

     //...

The only thing that I have been able to discern is that you have the

PROMPT

key if you are running from the command line, whereas
if you are testing inside Netbeans, that key does not appear.

What I can't work out is what the environment Key value is
if I am double clicking on a successfully self executing .jar file.
Is anyone associated with this mailing list able to tell
me what the key value is then?