On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 9:38 AM Peter Hull <peterhul...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If I can, I will try and manually get JUnit 5 tests working and make
> list of what I had to add/change.
I do need a bit more help on this (John McDonnell?)
I added these files to netbeans/extide/ant/lib:
* junit-platform-commons-1.3.1.jar
* junit-platform-engine-1.3.1.jar
* junit-platform-launcher-1.3.1.jar

I made sure the library JUnit-5.3.1 was in the Test Libraries for my project

And added this target to my project's build.xml file:
    <target name="test-five" depends="compile-test,-pre-test-run">
        <junitlauncher>
            <classpath>
                <path path="${run.test.classpath}"/>
            </classpath>
            <testclasses>
                <fileset dir="${build.test.classes.dir}">
                    <include name="**/*Test.class"/>
                </fileset>
                <listener type="legacy-brief" sendSysOut="true"/>
                <listener type="legacy-xml" sendSysErr="true"
sendSysOut="true"/>
            </testclasses>
        </junitlauncher>
    </target>

Now running the target 'test-five' does run my tests (the framework
for which was generated by NB) but there is no integration with the
IDE.
According to the docs, the "legacy-*" listeners produce output
compatible with JUnit4 so if we could hook into these it should be OK.
Looking at the existing test targets in the build.xml and
build-impl.xml, I can't figure out how they work - it seems like NB
provides some extra tasks to ant which are called things like
j2seproject3:junit and j2seproject3:test-impl but I can't see where
they come from.

Any hints from those who know?

Thanks
Pete