> Is there any mechanism to display files that are not pom.xml files in
> Netbeans?  There was a plugin made for Netbeans 7.x back in the day
> to allow viewing of Dockerfile, README.md, etc., but that hasn’t been
> maintained in 2Y and this really feels like it should be part of the
> core functionality.  I must be missing something.  Any ideas?

If you are talking about a Maven project, then those files typically reside in
src/main/resource and they are automatically shown in the project window.

If you have them somewhere else, you can use the "Files" window that displays
an "un-biased" view on the filesystem of each project that you have open.

Thomas