I don't think there could be a generic migration guide that covers
everything, but it would be best to start by looking at what's new in terms
of APIs in each release since 8.2:

https://bits.netbeans.org/9.0/javadoc/apichanges.html
https://bits.netbeans.org/10.0/javadoc/apichanges.html
https://bits.netbeans.org/11.0/javadoc/apichanges.html
https://bits.netbeans.org/11.1/javadoc/apichanges.html

For help with the specific problems you're encountering, you're going to
need to provide specific error messages, specific descriptions, etc.

Gj