From: Tommy Peterson <tpeter...@stpsworld.com>
Sent: Monday, 02 September, 2019 14:59
To: users@netbeans.apache.org
Subject: Does Netbeans cause changes so that Git/Source tree thinks the file
has been modified?

I have used Netbeans for years. But just recently within the last month I
started using Netbeans 11. I started a new project where some developers use
MACs, some Windows, and I think one uses Linux. We all use different editors. I
am the only Netbeans user. We have a github repo that we all work together on.
The windows users such as myself use Sourcetree for Git/repo file management.
The reason I am contacting this list forum is because I am being told that
Netbeans 11 is causing a problem for myself (and the team). After researching
the issue, I personally think it is the global git repo settings. But the
problem has happened several times to me since starting the project on 08/01.
(And at least one other developer said it used to happen to him until he
switched from one non-Netbeans editor to another. I am not quite clear if it
has happened again lately to him or not.) When I go to commit and push my
changes through Sourcetree I see a list of files that other developers have
edited/committed/pushed and I pulled in my staging area as if I had changed
them which I had not. The changes are the exact same changes as the original
editor/developer made. So there is nothing new-no new apparent changes-not even
a slip of the keyboard on my part and an additional blank line or whatever. I
don't even recall opening said files. So after researching this online I see
that others have had similar issues. While Netbeans was never mentioned as the
culprit in these online posts, I wanted to ask here. Is there a setting or a
change with Netbeans 11 that would cause files that get committed by my team
mates and pulled to my local git clone/working base by me to be seen by
git/source tree as having been changed by me? For example, does Netbeans 11
change Mac line endings to Windows automatically when I pull down a file that a
Mac team mate user committed? (Therefor, Git would think I made an edit.) If
not, what is your advice? What would you suggest I say to the members of my
team who are suggesting that I need to either make a change to the way Netbeans
works to stop this or use a new editor? I prefer Netbeans. So I don't want to
change editors. The project, if it matters, is a PHP, Slim framework project
with some Javascript/JQuery files. I have found this Stackoverflow and
Git/Atlassian help articles that I think speak to my personal opinion on what
is causing this:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/sourcetree-shows-unstaged-files-of-files-I-did-not-change/qaq-p/329327
 and
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/15958446/sourcetree-app-says-uncommitted-changes-even-for-newly-cloned-repository-what.
 Locally, I have autocrlf=true by the way. I would appreciate any help you can
offer.